Why use a shampoo bar? Maybe the question should be why use liquid shampoo wrapped in plastic when the plastic needs more than a hundred years to disintegrate.
We have become used to seeing plastic packaging for most consumer products. Although we don’t think about it, 25% of household waste is packaging – that means more than 50 kg of waste per person each year.
The good news is that it is not difficult to switch to alternatives that not only protect the environment, but also take care of our health.
With this idea, we decide to design our own Golconda Shampoo Bar line in 2016. Our shampoo improves upon the effectiveness of liquid shampoo by utilizing natural ingredients and removing all traces of plastic, both in composition and packaging.
Our products are the result of years of studying vegetable oils properties and their real benefits for our hair, avoiding all chemical ingredients and minimizing harmfulness.
In doing so, we have succeeded in producing a shampoo bar with only six plant oils that’s able to address all hair needs.
Original Formula: sensitive
This formula is made with six different vegetable oils: coconut, olive, sunflower, castor oil, shea butter and cocoa butter. The appropriate combination of each of the oils produces a thorough clean while producing a rich lather and foam.
A single wash should be enough for long-lasting clean and shiny hair.
Our shampoo bar original formula is made for those individuals with sensitive skin or scalp. This formula lacks any kind of perfume or ingredients, which could lead to irritation, itchiness or discomfort.
Rosemary and nettle: natural remedy for hair loss
Our shampoo bar with essential rosemary oil and nettle is known for its stimulating effect to activate circulation of blood from hair follicles, helping our hair to grow stronger and healthier.
Rosemary essential oil is well known as a natural treatment against dandruff. Its anti-inflammatory properties produce a soothing and calming effect on the skin.
The nettle extract helps to inhibit the enzyme that plays a role in the transformation of DHT from testosterone, an endogenous androgen related with pattern hair loss in both males and females. Furthermore, nettle leaves have the quality to regulate sebum excess, which promotes long-lasting hair cleanliness
Further benefits of using shampoo bar
- Animal lovers. All our products are vegan and non-animal tested. We don’t use any ingredients that may harm an animal. For this reason, we have also not used palm oil in any of our products.
- Zero waste. We cannot forget the environmental action we want to take in our world. By using biodegradable materials in the whole process chain, we prevent waste both abroad and at home. Since plastic waste production is continuously increasing, tons of micro plastics and chemical ingredients are flowing into the seas and rivers, polluting the environment and harming more than 600 marine species.
- Decreasing CO2 footprint. Our shampoo bar size occupies the minimum space needed for the transport and storage. This means no unnecessary CO2 emissions.
- Take it with you anywhere and whenever! You don’t have to worry about buying additional products when traveling. Our shampoo bar travels back and forth with you in the plane. No need to show liquids at airport control, generate more plastic or fear it may spill into your suitcase. Our product is also very useful when practicing sports or going to the gym.
- Longer durability. Thanks to its solid form, you only add water. We decided to give you our shampoo bar in its most natural and effective form and then you decide how much water you want to use. In comparison with liquid shampoo (more than 70% is water), our shampoo bar last between two and three times longer than the traditional shampoo.
Our company philosophy: leave no trace
After the total elimination of any chemical ingredients from our shampoo bar composition, we wanted to bring ecological and biodegradable packaging. For this reason, we utilize jute sacks that both protect the bar and can be reusable. Our labels are based on calcite with no need to cut down trees or use chlorine.
Another motivating factor is helping to achieve a sustainable lifestyle affordable to all that favor natural products. We are tired of marketing campaigns that add nothing to society and only encourage continual consuming at inflated prices.
Furthermore, although they have exorbitant prices, it doesn’t mean that they are using quality ingredients. On the contrary, it is becoming more common to find negative articles or reviews about big companies and their day-to-day products ingredients.
But when exactly did the chemical wave start?
From the 1950s onwards – the start of social-economic modernity – there has been an increase in global consumption as well as the expansion of mass communication media and advertising.
In this movement, the chemical industry emerged creating new products shown as a modern alternative, instilling in consumers the idea of luxury and prosperity. Through this, we have ignored the natural ways and instead embraced the easiest method. During the last years, society has refocused on choosing a path closer to our origins.
Guided by this philosophy and looking at how nature provides us multiple alternatives, we decided to create Golconda as an honest company – encouraging consumer awareness and conscientious consumption. This facilitates sustainable products that respect our planet, our animals and our own needs.
This article has been published under our “support for the arts and for ecology friendly products” program. If you are an artist or you have a product or service that you want to promote for free in our magazine, read the guidelines in this webpage (in Spanish).
Datos para citar este artículo:Reportajes Vinculando. (2018). Golconda Shampoo Bar: Return to Natural. Revista Vinculando. https://vinculando.org/en/golconda-shampoo-bar-natural.html